These sites at the University of New Mexico provide information about dentistry, medicine and pharmacy for undergraduates who may be thinking about a health care profession:
The Cooperative Pharmacy Program at New Mexico State University (NMSU) provides information about pharmacy for students to consider before transferring to the state’s only Pharmacy School at UNM.
These sites provide links to various financial aid opportunities such as federal loans and scholarships that are available for students interested in pursuing a health care profession.
- The UNM HSC Financial Aid Office
- The New Mexico Higher Education Department (HED) has opportunities for loans and scholarships for NM residents.
- Student opportunities with the Indian Health Service
- The federal nurse student loan and scholarships program
- The G.I. Bill for veterans
- The Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education (WICHE) offers support for students attending educational institutions located out of state that are not available in state.
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) within the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) provides students and clinicians a significant amount of information concerning health care professions for students and clinicians.
Public Health Online offers a guide to continuing online degree programs for students and health professionals who want to increase their knowledge and advance their careers in health and human services.
PublicHealth also features a guide to online masters degrees in public health for students interested in an area of high need.